Young Modern Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

talk about silverchair, love, and whatever else their beautiful little hearts desire without fear of moderators or mystigators!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TOP BANNER CONTEST!

Go down 
+7
loaluvsyourlife
MrsThieving
Rein2.0
Middle Class Sam
Sarah
ArtReborn
low
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
loaluvsyourlife

loaluvsyourlife

TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:27 am

low wrote:
picturegirl wrote:
sarah, like your ym station banner- would look great in the header of this forum, don't you think, low?

i was just going to say that. i think it just may be the key. its simple, taken directly from the band but doesn't scream SC.
i could do a little editing to make it look crisper and stuff, but generally, i like it.

i like everyone elses too. loa's is world class, reinos is actually pretty badass. i do feel like the bands looking at me though Shocked

Thanks for the compliment, Low and pic! I'm waiting for Mr. Thieving to outdo me, as it sounds like he is a pro.

I love Sarah's banner for its euro travel ambiance. Not just giving her lip service, either, being that she is a friend of mine. I've honestly never seen what it is from... confused

Reino's reminds me of a wall of idolatry some fan may have pinned on his wall. Not to say that is a bad thing at all. It's cool.

As Low was making the forum, I was thinking maybe he might need a banner, not realizing that his own banner making skills are up to par as well. Again, not trying to suck up here, but the original banner isn't bad at all. In its simplicity and its rough font, it fits well.

I'n happy to be in good company. The challenge is on. bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/loa.shelley?ref=profile
Sarah

Sarah

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:30 am

Screen cap from the Straight Lines video clip??
Back to top Go down
MrsThieving

MrsThieving

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:00 am

Loa, I think your banner is awesome, so don't go short -chaning yourself woman! Very Happy I also like the idea of using the sign from the Straight Lines video for a concept for the banner.

Well, he didn't get to it this weekend, so I made sure Mr. thieving sat down tonight and put something together. He didn't really look at any of the other ideas or suggestions, so I'm not sure if it's what everyone would want. Just let me know what you all think.

TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 YMS_Banner
Back to top Go down
loaluvsyourlife

loaluvsyourlife

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:04 am

Oooh!! NICE!!
Back to top Go down
ArtReborn

ArtReborn

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:13 am

Tell Mr T I like it! The hats! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarah

Sarah

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:18 am

LOVE it!
Back to top Go down
loaluvsyourlife

loaluvsyourlife

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:20 am

so that's one "One Way Mule" lyrics and one set list.

"He's trying to tell me sometheeeeng!"
Back to top Go down
MrsThieving

MrsThieving

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:21 am

The hubby says thank you muchly Loa, Art and Sarah! Very Happy Your comments make him feel, well, groovy ... afro OK, OK, I just wanted an excuse to use the afro smiley. Laughing
Back to top Go down
loaluvsyourlife

loaluvsyourlife

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:26 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtReborn

ArtReborn

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:27 am

For those who don't know, Loa made a Zorro the Gay Blade reference.... 50 points goes to anyone who even knows of that film! Laughing
Back to top Go down
MrsThieving

MrsThieving

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:33 am

I remember that movie! Very Happy I don't remember that much of it, but I do remember watching it before.
Back to top Go down
ArtReborn

ArtReborn

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:50 am

MrsThieving wrote:
I remember that movie! Very Happy I don't remember that much of it, but I do remember watching it before.
Oh man, its frickin hysterical!

Back to top Go down
Rein2.0

Rein2.0

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:12 am

Animated Banner Anyone?
TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 Ymstation
V2
COMING SOON
TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 Ymstation-1
Back to top Go down
low

low

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:55 pm

reino, worst idea ever.

sorry champ. that would get brutally annoying and cause epileptic fits
and most likely make this page slower than it already is
Back to top Go down
picturegirl

picturegirl

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:07 pm

low wrote:
reino, worst idea ever.

sorry champ. that would get brutally annoying and cause epileptic fits
and most likely make this page slower than it already is

Mad the kid has a faible for animated gifs. well, they aren't too bad, but not good in a header. Suspect
btw the page isn't slow, well, not over here in germany. scratch
Back to top Go down
Rein2.0

Rein2.0

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:51 pm

Oi low, its not on a loop that last foreverrrrrrrrrrrr.
Sorry got a bit sidetracked.
Umm its not slow here. and its like an intro to the site.
Back to top Go down
ArtReborn

ArtReborn

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:12 pm

I agree with Low. Not a good idea for a banner. But for a sig or something else, sure.
Back to top Go down
Rein2.0

Rein2.0

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:01 pm

DEATH TO YOU ALL Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:04 am

i just put that banner up for now. we're still gonna vote someday. i just need somthing
Back to top Go down
https://ymstation.forumotion.com
ArtReborn

ArtReborn

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:26 am

That's cool. Mr T's is awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rein2.0

Rein2.0

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:29 am

The forum theme is unsilverchair like because didnt you tell us to STICK TO THE THEME which is me the only person who did it.
Well done mr.t great job, my only issue is the balloon?
Back to top Go down
*krissyloohoo*

*krissyloohoo*

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:15 am

How a banner cram-packed full of Silverchair lyrics and images is unsilverchair-like is beyond me. Laughing The balloon was actually on the cover of one of their singles, I believe, so even it is Silverchair relevant. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rein2.0

Rein2.0

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:18 am

lol sorry you got me wrong,
i meant the halloween theme,
and yes i know what the balloon is from.
*points to picture message thread*
Back to top Go down
*krissyloohoo*

*krissyloohoo*

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:33 am

There was never a request for a Halloween theme. I think you imagined that one. Suspect Laughing

if you're simply meaning the color scheme, you have to open your mind, kiddo. the color orange is used for more than just Halloween. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rein2.0

Rein2.0

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:37 am

Maybe i should just stick to the simple talk.

This forum theme doesnt suit silverchairs style.
There style is psycadelic rock and not grunge anymore, this theme colour is grunge, dog poo is grunge, peeling wallpaper is grunge, This layout is what I would expect if i went to Black Lable Society, OZZY or Iron Maiden Forums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOP BANNER CONTEST!   TOP BANNER CONTEST! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOP BANNER CONTEST!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next