Young Modern Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

talk about silverchair, love, and whatever else their beautiful little hearts desire without fear of moderators or mystigators!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

foo fighters thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
low

low

foo fighters thread Empty
PostSubject: foo fighters thread   foo fighters thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:24 pm

anyone foo fighters fans?

i'm really digging the new single 'wheels'. it has a tom pettyish feel to it
Back to top Go down
picturegirl

picturegirl

PostSubject: Re: foo fighters thread   foo fighters thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:50 pm

one of the best live bands i have ever seen, they have so much fun on stage, that's incredible!
Back to top Go down
low

low

PostSubject: Re: foo fighters thread   foo fighters thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:09 pm

picturegirl wrote:
one of the best live bands i have ever seen, they have so much fun on stage, that's incredible!

ive only seen them on their acoustic tour, and even that was hella intense
Back to top Go down
mert

mert

PostSubject: Re: foo fighters thread   foo fighters thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:00 pm

I haven't been a huge fan of their stuff since There is Nothing Left To Lose... I always like it, but don't love it, and then the radio kills it. Evil or Very Mad And maybe I'm getting old, but I prefer Dave's voice with the acoustic, mellower stuff. He has such a great voice, imo, but he spends most of his time yelling on recent albums. But I always give them a try... Must give Wheels a listen.

That said, I always and forever love them. They were fabulous when I saw them in 2000... Ans they were all nice when we met them, but Dave was an absolute gem. But I've told that story a bazillion times on CP. LOVE them!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
picturegirl

picturegirl

PostSubject: Re: foo fighters thread   foo fighters thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:08 pm

I don't know your Dave story, mert! No

I saw them in i think 2000 or even earlier and they were brilliant. At some point i lost interest in their CDs, i reckon that was after their 3rd record. I love their acoustic stuff, too, it's great to listen to when you are in the train on a long journey. cheers
Back to top Go down
mert

mert

PostSubject: Re: foo fighters thread   foo fighters thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:15 pm

Well, it's nothing too fancy... My besties and I were in one of those huge lines to meet the Foos at a festival. My one bestie is really shy, and she was the last of us to go through. Dave was at the end, and he happened to take a sip of water as she approached him, and being shy, she just ran off. Dave didn't even take a second to get the bottle out of his mouth, but sat there yelling for her to come back with the bottle muffling it. Laughing It was quite funny, but beyond that, it shows how much he appreciates his fans/ What does it matter to him if he signs his name one more time? But it matters to fans, and he knows that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
picturegirl

picturegirl

PostSubject: Re: foo fighters thread   foo fighters thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:22 pm

lol! he seems to be a nice guy!
Back to top Go down
low

low

PostSubject: Re: foo fighters thread   foo fighters thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:09 pm

im not a big fan of the albums anymore either, they have a couple good songs here and there. but generally as a band, i respect them. and live they are phenominal.

i much prefer the acoustic stuff without any question
Back to top Go down
MrsThieving

MrsThieving

PostSubject: Re: foo fighters thread   foo fighters thread I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 2:35 am

I too love the Foo! Very Happy

I do agree I like more of the acoustic stuff on the recent albums. On the Mend is one of our favorites. One song everyone must hear if they haven't is "World" which is a B-side demo on the single for the studio version of Skin and Bones, which we bought, thankfully. Here it is on YouTube. Just listening again now and holy crap it's awesome!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: foo fighters thread   foo fighters thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

foo fighters thread
Page 1 of 1