Young Modern Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

talk about silverchair, love, and whatever else their beautiful little hearts desire without fear of moderators or mystigators!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
loaluvsyourlife

loaluvsyourlife

Electric Light Orchestra:  A possible unsaid Chair Influence? Empty
PostSubject: Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?   Electric Light Orchestra:  A possible unsaid Chair Influence? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:45 pm

I've always loved ELO since I was young and they played them on the radio, but recently I have been delving into some of their songs that never made it on the air.

As I listened to some tracks, I wondered if Daniel might have heard some of them and have been influenced by them, more likely the influence blossoming during the later Chair albums, namely Diorama and Young Modern. Not so much the rockers "Evil Woman," "Don't Bring Me Down" or "Do Ya," though I am sure they were on the radio all over; more the album tracks "Tightrope," "Mr. Blue Sky," or "One Summer Dream."

Take a listen:

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/loa.shelley?ref=profile
MrsThieving

MrsThieving

PostSubject: Re: Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?   Electric Light Orchestra:  A possible unsaid Chair Influence? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:18 pm

Loa, I can't believe you mentioned that! A few months back, we spent the whole night finding old ELO songs on iTunes and Mr. Thieving said the same thing! I absolutely agree with you about the influence. He's made it clear over the years that he is heavily influenced by many of the 60's and 70's artists, so ELO would definitely make sense.
Back to top Go down
ArtReborn

ArtReborn

PostSubject: Re: Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?   Electric Light Orchestra:  A possible unsaid Chair Influence? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:49 pm

Yeah, despite if maybe Dan has been embarrassed to mention ELO as an influence (although I don't see why, considering he's mentioned the friggin Spice Girls! Laughing ) the more Loa and I listen to them, the more we're convinced Dan has heard many of their songs and wanted to re-create it to some extent. Obviously the Beach Boys, Beatles & more have influenced him, but ELO must have been in there too! cheers
Back to top Go down
picturegirl

picturegirl

PostSubject: Re: Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?   Electric Light Orchestra:  A possible unsaid Chair Influence? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:54 am

ArtReborn wrote:
Yeah, despite if maybe Dan has been embarrassed to mention ELO as an influence (although I don't see why, considering he's mentioned the friggin Spice Girls! Laughing ) the more Loa and I listen to them, the more we're convinced Dan has heard many of their songs and wanted to re-create it to some extent. Obviously the Beach Boys, Beatles & more have influenced him, but ELO must have been in there too! cheers

which spice girls songs e.g.?? affraid
Back to top Go down
Rein2.0

Rein2.0

PostSubject: Re: Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?   Electric Light Orchestra:  A possible unsaid Chair Influence? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 pm

Thanks for sharing that loa, im a fan of Queen and that band is very similar its like Silverqueen!
i gotta find the best album of theirs to buy?
suggestion?
Back to top Go down
ArtReborn

ArtReborn

PostSubject: Re: Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?   Electric Light Orchestra:  A possible unsaid Chair Influence? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:22 am

I found a "best of" type album on Amazon for cheap: http://www.amazon.com/All-Over-World-Orchestra-REMASTERED/dp/B0009YNSJW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1257585634&sr=8-3

But if ya wanna go expensive, theres a 3 disc set too: http://www.amazon.com/Flashback-Electric-Light-Orchestra/dp/B000051XZH/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1257585634&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
loaluvsyourlife

loaluvsyourlife

PostSubject: Re: Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?   Electric Light Orchestra:  A possible unsaid Chair Influence? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:48 am

I like "New World Record" and "Eldorado" as studio albums. NWR is a bit better, IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/loa.shelley?ref=profile
MrsThieving

MrsThieving

PostSubject: Re: Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?   Electric Light Orchestra:  A possible unsaid Chair Influence? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:12 pm

We just heard "Don't Bring Me Down" being played on XM. Just wondering, does anyone else know what word he sings after the "Don't Bring Me Down" part? Apparently, it's one of the most misheard lyrics and I just found out! I LMAO when I found out! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ArtReborn

ArtReborn

PostSubject: Re: Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?   Electric Light Orchestra:  A possible unsaid Chair Influence? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:40 pm

Loa and I were just talkin about that! lol
We've always sung it "Don't bring me down... Brrrrruuuce!" haha
Of course we always imagine Bruce Lee. Cool
Back to top Go down
MrsThieving

MrsThieving

PostSubject: Re: Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?   Electric Light Orchestra:  A possible unsaid Chair Influence? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:09 am

That's what we though it was too, but it just didn't make sense to me that he'd be singing about Brrruuuce! Laughing So, I looked up some info and it turns out he's singing "Grrroooos!" He made up the fricken' word! WTF?!?!

lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtReborn

ArtReborn

PostSubject: Re: Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?   Electric Light Orchestra:  A possible unsaid Chair Influence? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 3:32 am

MrsThieving wrote:
That's what we though it was too, but it just didn't make sense to me that he'd be singing about Brrruuuce! Laughing So, I looked up some info and it turns out he's singing "Grrroooos!" He made up the fricken' word! WTF?!?!

lol!
Groooos? Suspect Evil or Very Mad

Fuck Jeff Lynn, I'm still singin it Brrrruuuuccceee! Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?   Electric Light Orchestra:  A possible unsaid Chair Influence? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electric Light Orchestra: A possible unsaid Chair Influence?
Page 1 of 1