Young Modern Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

talk about silverchair, love, and whatever else their beautiful little hearts desire without fear of moderators or mystigators!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Them Crooked Vultures

Go down 
+3
*krissyloohoo*
low
MrsThieving
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MrsThieving

MrsThieving

Them Crooked Vultures Empty
PostSubject: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:43 pm

This was just emailed from Them Crooked Vultures:

Fuck patience, let's dance.
Stream the full album now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ6arQ-qK34&feature=PlayList&p=FCC1368DF9BDE312&index=0&playnext=1

Yayyyy!!! What a Face bounce cheers cyclops Razz geek
Back to top Go down
low

low

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:53 am

dave is the man

nuff said
Back to top Go down
MrsThieving

MrsThieving

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:57 am

Josh is quite the man too, I must say ... Twisted Evil No, really, he's quite talented as well. Laughing

Oh, and Mr. Led Zep, John Paul Jones is nothing to sneeze at either! Laughing

I loved this particular comment on YouTube about one of the songs. It said something like "That intro is killer! Sounds just like Soundgarden!" It was so 100% Led Zep it was unreal! That's a youngin' who really needs to be schooled on the origins of music.
Back to top Go down
*krissyloohoo*

*krissyloohoo*

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:02 am

"Sounds just like Soundgarden!!!!" Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
MrsThieving

MrsThieving

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 am

No shit, huh?! Laughing I tried to comment back to the guy and say "Hello! Ever heard of Led Zeppelin?!", but it just looked like I was posting back to the video and no one would have gotten my point. confused
Back to top Go down
picturegirl

picturegirl

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:28 am

*krissyloohoo* wrote:
"Sounds just like Soundgarden!!!!" Laughing Laughing Laughing

scratch lol!
that's pure led zep, i absolutely love what josh, dave and paul are doing there!
Back to top Go down
ArtReborn

ArtReborn

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:29 pm

Except Bonham woulda kicked that bass drum much much harder. Twisted Evil Wink
Back to top Go down
MrsThieving

MrsThieving

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:50 pm

The song was "Elephants" when the guy referred to Soundgarden. Funny, I always thought Soundgarden pulled more of their sound from Black Sabbath than Led Zep.

Back on topic, this CD is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to have the official copy in my hands! bounce They'd better do an official tour too. Not just the one-off shows in random cities around the world. I hope they can keep it to clubs, like they have been. How awesome it would be to see the three of them up close and personal. Cool
Back to top Go down
loaluvsyourlife

loaluvsyourlife

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:27 am

They're cool, but I'm not hearing much more than I've heard from other bands. They've got a tightness that's easy on the ears, whereas most garage band sound bands sound like they still belong in a garage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/loa.shelley?ref=profile
mert

mert

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:27 pm

I'm digging it. Smile I also tuned into to Musique Plus yesterday. It's the French language music video channel, and is a bazillion times better than MuchMusic... With one awesome exception, MuchMusic has always had super preppy, ditzy VJs (the one exception being my love, George Stroumbolopoulos! Laughing ). Anyway, in true Quebec form, this guy had a sleeve tatt and a Them Crooked Vultures tee. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
picturegirl

picturegirl

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 6:52 pm

is it just me or does one song sound like the other on the album. i was quite confused when i listened to it for the first time, because i thought i was too dumb to click on the next song, but i actually did that.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
MrsThieving

MrsThieving

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:52 pm

picturegirl wrote:
is it just me or does one song sound like the other on the album. i was quite confused when i listened to it for the first time, because i thought i was too dumb to click on the next song, but i actually did that.

Laughing

I don't really think so. We've listened to it all the way through a few times. About half of the songs I loved instantly and I felt each had a very distinct sound. The other half are very good, but they'll have to grow on me more. My favorite so far is Bandoliers. It's the absolute perfect mix of each of the guys respective bands. Cool
Back to top Go down
low

low

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:35 am

im not a fan.

they're all amazing musicians. but its just nothing i would ever listen to for pleasure. it all seems very novelty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Them Crooked Vultures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Young Modern Station :: Melodies :: Other Music Related-
Jump to: