Young Modern Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

talk about silverchair, love, and whatever else their beautiful little hearts desire without fear of moderators or mystigators!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The GUITARS Thread

Go down 
+2
ArtReborn
low
6 posters
AuthorMessage
low

low

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 1:26 am

i know we have some guitar players here.

talk about guitar stuff. what guitars do you have, amps, anything.

i have about 12 guitars now i think?

my main/ most played guitars:

i have a 1969 fender competition mustang reissue (mij2000)
candy apple red w/ creme stripes/ white pckgrd

i have a 1969 fender jaguar reissue (mij)
black

'old faithful' no name acoustic electric that gets several hours of play every day consistently. im starting to think it sounds like shit and looking for a replacement, but its just been such a champ.

carlo reobelli 12 string-black w/ bush razorblade sticker.

1970 Ovation Belvedeer Model #1111

I have a CRATE full stack. not a huge fan of crate, but they're cheap and loud.
i usually only keep a half stack hooked up.

ibanez toneblaster50 112 w/ ibanez custom powerjam 1x12 (practice amp)
Back to top Go down
ArtReborn

ArtReborn

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 2:05 am

You have 12 guitars? Suspect

I hate you.

j/k Wink

We only have um, 4? *counts* There's the electric red SG, the crappy black and white electric Beringer,
the 12 string acoustic Washburn & the 6 string Charvel, which is currently on loan to the Jazzman.

And that's all us poor peeps can afford. Sad Wink
Back to top Go down
Rein2.0

Rein2.0

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:25 am

I have a shitty squier, thank god its not under my name, saving up for a Gibson Sg Special Ebony (more preffered) or WIne/Cherry.
I have a crappy 15 watt amp called Behringer firebird, I have a crappy Behringer XV-Amp multi effects, its not bad seeing though I found its quite cheap, for christmas I've ditched the Idea of getting an iPod or ps3 so Im getting a BOSS OS-2 (Overdrive/Distortion) Pedal which will be fun, give your opinion Low, because im pretty sure im getting the right pedal but what pedals do you have.
Back to top Go down
low

low

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:36 am

Rein2.0 wrote:
I have a shitty squier, thank god its not under my name, saving up for a Gibson Sg Special Ebony (more preffered) or WIne/Cherry.
I have a crappy 15 watt amp called Behringer firebird, I have a crappy Behringer XV-Amp multi effects, its not bad seeing though I found its quite cheap, for christmas I've ditched the Idea of getting an iPod or ps3 so Im getting a BOSS OS-2 (Overdrive/Distortion) Pedal which will be fun, give your opinion Low, because im pretty sure im getting the right pedal but what pedals do you have.

i actually just sold off most of my pedals (all boss)... i ended up having about $300 worth Shocked
i just didn't use them like i thought i would.

for your christmas.. if you're set on getting some kind of distortion pedal, i would go with the boss ds-2 turbo distortion, that always sounded the best to me.

but to be honest, i wouldnt get a pedal if i were you. depending on how much your parents are willing to spend (at least $300usd for a ps3), i would get a decent combo or head with an 'overdrive' and 'reverb' channel.

i was up at my local guitar shop just yesterday and spent about an hour playing with the new fender 212. i think you'd be overly happy with somthing like that. its got a godly tone to it, a full range of crunchy distortion, and a half decent reverb unit in it. +itll last forver, and you would be able to play gigs with it one day.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2316500010
Back to top Go down
picturegirl

picturegirl

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:11 am

i do have a prs custom (green), a rickenbacker (this one: http://www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=330) and a gibson acoustic (not exactly this one, i do have an older model: http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Round-Shoulder/Gibson-Acoustic/J-45-Standard.aspx).

i use boss pedals and i have a marshal amp, coz i found a used one ages ago, which was kinda cheap (one of these: http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=JVM%20Overview)
Back to top Go down
low

low

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:15 pm

picturegirl wrote:
i do have a prs custom (green), a rickenbacker (this one: http://www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=330) and a gibson acoustic (not exactly this one, i do have an older model: http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Round-Shoulder/Gibson-Acoustic/J-45-Standard.aspx).

i use boss pedals and i have a marshal amp, coz i found a used one ages ago, which was kinda cheap (one of these: http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=JVM%20Overview)

i like your ric :]
Back to top Go down
picturegirl

picturegirl

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:42 pm

me too. Very Happy i haven't played it in ages though, i mostly play my acoustic guitar, which i absolutely love.
Back to top Go down
mert

mert

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:15 pm

I can't remember the specifics about my guitars. Laughing I bought them a long time ago... And I'm bad with names. Laughing

My electric is your basic starter guitar... An Ibanez RX 20. It was my first guitar. I worked the whole summer I was 16 to buy it. It's pretty and midnight blue. Smile I also bought a Crate amp for it. Pedals.... I have a Crybaby Wah and a Rickenbacker distortion pedal.

My acoustic is one of the loves of my life. Again, it's a pretty basic model. But I still love it. It has FANTASTIC sound for the price.... And also was a present from my mom and dad. Very Happy it's a Norman B18 (I think). I love Norm. Laughing Canadian made too. Wink http://www.normanguitars.com/b18.html
Back to top Go down
Rein2.0

Rein2.0

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am

OK,
@ Low
I was first thinking of the Ds-2 but what is with the two lines???
I like the idea, I'm gonna get other shit for Christmas so I'm thinking that I might get another pedal for my Birthday (January 26th) and then I might get a amp with it, that fender amp I've seen in stores and I always thought, "oh its probably released because of its name" I've always though Marshall's were the best along side orange (Australian) and Soldano. If I were to get the amp would it come with a channel pedal?
also what other pedal should I get delay or something else.
@ Pic
Nice guitars, VERY VERY exotic lol! Ive allways wanted a PRS but I guess their too dear. The Rickenbacker is the same as Daniels except its a 6 strings, is the acoustic sound in it good, can you only rely on the amp.
Back to top Go down
low

low

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:22 am

Rein2.0 wrote:
OK,
@ Low
I was first thinking of the Ds-2 but what is with the two lines???
I like the idea, I'm gonna get other shit for Christmas so I'm thinking that I might get another pedal for my Birthday (January 26th) and then I might get a amp with it, that fender amp I've seen in stores and I always thought, "oh its probably released because of its name" I've always though Marshall's were the best along side orange (Australian) and Soldano. If I were to get the amp would it come with a channel pedal?
also what other pedal should I get delay or something else.

fender amps are truely top quality and sound. marshalls are good amps, but i think they are overrated because of the big names that use them (mostly because big names before them used them)

orange and soldano are just over the top expensive. i've never played through a soldano, but i've liked the oranges i've played through, but not enough to spend 3x as much on one.

usually if you buy an amp with multiple channels, they throw in a footswitch, but if not they're usually only $15-$30.

you asked about the extra jack on a ds-2. i think its called the remote jack. you probably wont ever use it, but you can plug in differnt footswitches so you can use them to change modes.

for other effects pedals, i think you would have fun with a boss digital delay, boss chorus, or boss octave. it all depends what kinda sounds you want.

i feel like you had more you wanted answered ,but i cant remmeber. let me know
Back to top Go down
Rein2.0

Rein2.0

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:49 pm

The GUITARS Thread Silverchairlolla
what on earth is that guitar, it definantly isnt the one that he has used over the past 10 years for songs such as emotion sickness and Without you.
Back to top Go down
loaluvsyourlife

loaluvsyourlife

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:12 am

Looks like the Ebony Gibson Les Paul Custom. But on close inspection the knobs and the headstock look different.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/loa.shelley?ref=profile
Rein2.0

Rein2.0

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:50 am

Tis' definentley not a Gibson Les Paul Custom, its a gibson though.. look at the vid you cant pick out gibson

Ibanez maybe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The GUITARS Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GUITARS Thread   The GUITARS Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The GUITARS Thread
Page 1 of 1